Monday, July 8, 2013

Back to Eugene

Day 2: We set out from the town of Cottage Grove to return to Eugene via some scenic roadways. Behold, not far into the ride we encounter our first covered bridge.


"Hooray for bikes and bridges and sunshine!" says Deb.


We're riding parts of a route officially known as the Willamette Greenway. Lots of green here in Oregon. 


Like this green tractor, for instance. I mean, this green mailbox. 


Next bridge: Deb at one end...


...Robin at the other.


Sunshine silhouette. It looks like I'm texting, but really, I'm eating a fruit bar.



After 30 miles, we're delighted to see that white structure in the distance. Another covered bridge! But this one has lunch waiting next to it.


Oh, those miles to the bridge seemed to take FOREVER on an empty stomach.


Blurry but worth sharing: Deb and our tour guide Brad look out over the river from the bridge. Well-fed, we set back out on the trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment